The principle of a Hydraulic Load cell
When a drive is utilized on a liquid medium contained in a confined area, the stress of the liquid will increase. This enhances in the strain of the liquid is proportional to the utilized pressure. Therefore a measure of the rise in the strain of the liquid turns into a measure of the utilized power when calibrated.
Hydraulic Load Cell
The principal elements of a hydraulic load cell are as follows
- A diaphragm
- A piston with a loading platform (as proven in determine) positioned on prime of the diaphragm.
- A liquid medium which is beneath a pre-loaded stress is on the opposite aspect of the diaphragm.
- A stress gauge (bourdon tube sort) linked to the liquid medium.
Operation of Hydraulic Load Cell
- The power to be measured is utilized to the piston.
- The applied power strikes the piston downwards and deflects the diaphragm and this deflection of the diaphragm will increase the strain within the liquid medium (oil).
- This enhances the stress of the liquid medium is proportional to the utilized drive. The rise in stress is measured by the strain gauge which is linked to the liquid medium.
- The strain is calibrated in pressure models and therefore the indication within the stress gauge turns into a measure of the power utilized on the piston.
Observe about Hydraulic Load cell:
- Because the hydraulic load cell is delicate to stress modifications, the load cell ought to be adjusted to zero setting earlier than utilizing it to measure pressure.
- This hydraulic load cell has an accuracy of the order of zero.1 % of its scale and might measure masses up to 2.5*10^5 Kgf
- The decision is about zero.02 p.c.